Getting to Vienna
Conference Venue: Universitätsring 1, 1010 Vienna
Special Lufthansa Group airlines fares
The Lufthansa Group airlines bring people together – every day, all around the world. The global route network of Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS, Brussels Airlines and Eurowings offers optimal connection and combination options, so you will benefit from quick and direct flights to the event.
You will reach the booking platform via this link https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/meetings-and-events-delegates and with the event code ATZLXFO. The reduced fares are automatically displayed.
NB: Please enable pop-ups permanently in your browser while booking, otherwise the window in the booking platform will not open.
Of course, you can also book through your IATA travel agency. The travel agency can request the ticketing instructions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the event code ATZLXFO.
How to get from the airport to the city centre:
- The rapid transit railway (S-Bahn) is an economical way of travelling between Vienna city centre and the Vienna Airport. Detailed timetables can be found at http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en? Fare: from € 4.10 (from/to Wien Mitte or Wien Hauptbahnhof, including travel on entire Vienna public transport network).
- The City Airport Train (CAT) takes you within 16 minutes to the city centre (Wien Mitte station). The CAT operates daily from 05.37 a.m. to 23.38 p.m., 365 days a year. One way ride costs € 11 (Return Ticket: € 19). Details can be found here: https://www.cityairporttrain.com/en/home
- There is also the possibility to get by bus to the city centre of Vienna. The 3 Vienna Airport Lines routes serve all of Vienna’s underground railway lines. Every 30 minutes there are connections to the airport from Wien Westbahnhof and Wien Hauptbahnhof. Buses to the city centre (Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz) run 24 hours a day, journey time is just 20 minutes. One single ride for Vienna Airport Lines will cost € 8.00.
- A taxi to the city will cost € 25-35. Cabs can be caught directly in front of the arrivals hall or at the “City Transfer” counter in the arrivals hall.
- Car rental: Numerous car rental companies are situated in the car rental center on level 0 of multi-storey car park 4 (P4) and can be reached by a short covered underground passage. Detailed information can be found here: https://www.viennaairport.com/en/passengers/arrival__parking/car_rental
- ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways) https://www.oebb.at/ .
- Westbahn (private train company): The Westbahn only offers connections for passenger trains between Vienna and Salzburg.
International train connections are also offered by:
- German railways: Deutsche Bahn (DB), Swiss railways: Schweizerische Bundesbahnen (SBB), Italian railways: Trenitalia, French railways: Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français (SNCF), Hungarian railways: Magyar Államvasutak, Polish railways: Polskie Koleje Państwowe (PKK) and Czech railways: České dráhy.
International bus connections:
- Eurolines (https://www.eurolines.de/en/home)
- Flixbus (https://www.flixbus.com/).
Munich – Linz – Vienna: 400 km
Prague – Brno – Vienna: 350 km
Bratislava – Vienna: 65 km
Zagreb – Graz – Vienna: 380 km
Ljubljana – Vienna: 400 km
Budapest – Vienna: 250 km